Thanksgiving is finally here! Well, tomorrow officially but the wait is basically over. Even so, I don’t have a very clear idea of what’s landing on my dinner table tomorrow. It’s a struggle every year but this year feels different.
We try our best to combine both Dominican and American cultures on the table but I think this year, we’re leaning more on the American side. I guess I’ll see just how much we’re leaning tomorrow! Just know that no matter how far into the American side of things this family will lean, pie will never be a part of it (for shame:()
Anyway, I don’t have a recipe for today. Instead, I decided to do a little link roundup of recipes I’ve made or I’ve seen on the internets that I like and are on theme for tomorrow’s dinner. I’m including a few Dominican recipes that we’ve had for the holidays for those that want an idea of how to make some of those dishes. They’re not my recipes but we’ll get there one day! There will also a recap post of my Thanksgiving on Friday, so be on the lookout for that.
- Moro de Habichuelas Rojas (rice with red beans) via Aunt Clara’s Kitchen
- Martha’s Mac and Cheese
- Loaded Skillet Toasted Green Beans via How Sweet It Is
- Crispy Sweet Potato Roast via Smitten Kitchen
- Arroz Blanco (white rice) via Aunt Clara’s Kitchen
- Vegan Stuffing via Minimalist Baker
- Whole Wheat Dinner Rolls
- Buttermilk Biscuits
- Corn Muffins
- Pretzel Parker House Rolls via Smitten Kitchen
- Vegan Dinner Rolls via Minimalist Baker
- Apple Galette
- Pumpkin Pie with Pecan Praline Sauce via Smitten Kitchen
- Vegan Pumpkin Swirl Cheesecake via Minimalist Baker
- No Bake Bourbon Pecan Pie Cheesecakes via How Sweet It Is
- Pumpkin Cake with Brown Butter Icing via Shutterbean
- Apple Cranberry Crumble Pie via Joy the Baker
Missed last year’s Thanksgiving recap? Check out what I had for dinner last year here.
Have a happy Thanksgiving!